The Himalayan Trust is looking for a passionate and committed fundraising specialist, to significantly grow income in support of our work in Nepal.
Are you experienced and talented in prospecting, engaging and soliciting support from potential high net worth individuals and corporates? Have you experience of running national campaigns? Do you have energy and enthusiasm, excellent interpersonal and fundraising development skills, and enjoy working both independently and within a tight-knit team? Then we want to hear from you.
This two-year fixed term contract involves developing and managing special fundraising projects to mark Sir Ed Hillary’s Centenary in 2019. The projects include: managing various events, both of high and medium value; and implementing the rollout of national fundraising campaigns.
You will be a highly-motivated self-starter, with the flexibility to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team. The current small team each work from home offices, mostly Auckland-based, but regularly meet face-to-face. It is expected that the same would apply to this role and would suit someone currently based in Auckland.
Our ideal candidate will also have
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in fundraising and/account management
- Good experience of and demonstrated success in relationship fundraising, including good knowledge of major donor and bequest giving
- Outstanding communication, influencing and persuading skills;
- Strategic with high intellectual capability and the ability to think laterally;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines;
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to take on a wide range of tasks;
- Understanding of development work
In return we offer the flexibility of part time hours, working between 24 and 40 hours per week with a range of options as to how to spread these hours over the week. The post also attracts a starting gross salary of $65,674 per annum pro rata (and possibly more depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate).
To apply, please forward your full CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31.
The Himalayan Trust is an equal opportunities employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.