Join us for a special speaker evening on Tuesday, May 2 in Christchurch to celebrate our work together building stronger communities in the Everest region of Nepal.
You’ll hear about the work of the Himalayan Trust past and present and find out how the Sir Edmund Hillary legacy lives on through your support.
We hope you can join us for drinks and nibbles and an opportunity to meet and chat with Himalayan Trust supporters old and new.
Places are limited so please RSVP as soon as possible to email@example.com
- Lynley Cook will talk about working as a volunteer doctor at Kunde Hospital from 1991 to 1993.
- Nick Ledgard will tell us about about the Sagarmatha National Park and managing the forests in the Everest region.
- Lakpa Thering Sherpa, Managing Director of Action for Nepal, will talk about bringing safe water to communities in the Solukhumbu (pre-recorded)
- Howard Iseli, Himalayan Trust Rebuild Manager, will update us on the school rebuild programme and “Building Back Better” after the 2015 earthquakes
- Prue Smith, Himalayan Trust General Manager, will discuss the new education programme aimed at improving the quality of early education and literacy learning in the Everest region.
- Sue Harrison South, the driving force behind the beautiful Outdoor Appetite cookbook, will talk about cooking it up to raise funds for Nepal.
When: Tuesday, May 2, 7.00-8.40pm
Where: The Hall, Knox Church, 28 Bealey Avenue. See map.
Koha entry. Drinks and nibbles provided.
Places are limited so please RSVP as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.orgRSVP now