Join the Himalayan Trust and University of Waikato for a special speaker evening on Thursday, May 4 in Hamilton to celebrate our work together building stronger communities in the Everest region of Nepal.
It’ll be an opportunity to hear about the work of the Himalayan Trust in Nepal, to find out more about the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship Programme at the University of Waikato, and to hear from some of the scholarship students.
Places are limited so please RSVP as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note: Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship students do not need to RSVP.)
The full details on the speakers and venue will be announced soon.
Speakers will include:
- Emeritus Professor Clive Gilson, Chairperson of the Hillary Scholarship Programme Advisory Board, University of Waikato.
- Vice Chancellor Professor Neil Quigley, University of Waikato.
- Elly Kroef and Keith Buswell will share their memories of working as volunteer doctors at Kunde Hospital in the early 1980s.
- Lakpa Thering Sherpa, Managing Director of Action for Nepal, will talk about bringing safe water to communities in the Solukhumbu (pre-recorded).
- Howard Iseli, Himalayan Trust Rebuild Manager, will update us on the school rebuild programme and “Building Back Better” after the 2015 earthquakes.
- Prue Smith, Himalayan Trust General Manager, will discuss the new education programme aimed at improving the quality of early education and literacy learning in the Everest region.
- The Step Higher students from the University of Waikato will talk about their experience raising funds and trekking to visit the Himalayan Trust’s work in Nepal.
When: Thursday, May 4, 7.00-8.45pm
Where: The Playhouse Theatre, Gallager Academy of Performing Arts, University of Waikato.
Places are limited so please RSVP* as soon as possible to email@example.com
*Please note: Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship students do not need to RSVP.