We are seeking a dedicated and talented applicant for the position of General Manager. The General Manager reports to a Board elected by the Himalayan Trust’s membership.
The key General Manager responsibilities include:
- Board reporting
- Leadership and management
- Support for the Himalayan Trust Nepal
- Strategic and Business Planning / Implementation
- Relationship management
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant qualifications in business, education, health and or environmental management.
- Proven professional leadership experience in a Not-for-Profit organisation with a knowledge and an understanding of the UN Sustainable Development Goals with an emphasis on sustainable livelihoods.
- Experience in key areas of general management: strategy / business planning; financial management; team management; communication/ marketing and stakeholder relationship management.
- Good project management and evaluation experience and experience of applying an appropriate results-based management framework.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to gender and experience in gender sensitive evaluation and analysis.
- A visionary leader who inspires and motivates those around them and engenders trust and confidence from all stakeholders.
- Politically astute and able to influence.
- An effective communicator which includes skills in the use of the internet and social media.
- Able to build relationships and work effectively with a broad range of local / international stakeholders.
- A knowledge and or strong interest in Nepal and its people coupled with genuine commitment to the philosophy and work of the Himalayan Trust.
- Resilient, practical and open to innovative ideas.
Download the full Job Description
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV by Friday, 3 August, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
or to General Manager Applications, Himalayan Trust, P O Box 43, Auckland, 1140.