The Himalayan Trust and the Taranaki Alpine Club invites you to a special speaker evening on Thursday, 4 April in New Plymouth.
Join us to find out more about the Himalayan Trust’s work in Nepal – past and present – and how supporters like you are making it all possible.
The speaker line up includes:
- Mike Gill, founding member and current Board Chair, talking about the 1960-61 Silver Hut Expedition when Sir Ed’s philanthropic work in the Everest region began
- General Manager John Loof, talking about the Himalayan Trust’s current work with communities in the Solukhumbu.
- Building Stronger, Safer Schools – a short video about the schools rebuild following the 2015 earthquakes
- Angela Hampton, a teacher at Stratford Primary School, talking about teaching the next generation about Sir Ed’s legacy
- Musey Water Project – a short video about providing safe drinking water in the Khumbu
- Summit Challenge Ambassador Hasely Lobb, talking about climbing 8848m for Nepal
We look forward to seeing you there!
When: 7:30pm, Thursday 4 April
Where: 4th Wall Theatre, 11 Baring Terrace, Strandon, New Plymouth 4312.