Join us for a special speaker evening on Wednesday, November 8 in Wellington to celebrate our work together building stronger communities in the Everest region of Nepal.
You’ll hear about the work of the Himalayan Trust past and present and find out how the Sir Edmund Hillary legacy lives on through your support.
We hope you can join us for drinks and nibbles and an opportunity to meet and chat with Himalayan Trust supporters old and new.
Places are limited so please RSVP as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Mike Gill, one of the founding members of the Himalayan Trust and a close friend of Sir Ed’s, will talk about his new book Edmund Hillary: A Biography.
- Grahame Morton will tell us about his experience as New Zealand High Commissioner to Nepal during the 2015 earthquakes.
- Satya Man Lama, Engineer Project Manager at Himalayan Trust Nepal, will update us on the school rebuild programme.
- Yangjee Doma Sherpa – a short film from the makers of Sherpa: trouble on Everest.
- Michael Riach, Himalayan Trust Education Programme Manager, will talk about improving early literacy learning in the Khumbu.
- Lakpa Tshering Sherpa, Managing Director of Action for Nepal, will tell us about bringing safe water to communities in the Solukhumbu (pre-recorded).
- Neil and Sean Rudman will talk about raising funds for the Himalayan Trust.
When: Wednesday, November 8, 7.00-8.30pm
Where: Sustainability Trust EcoCentre, Forresters Lane. See map.
Koha entry. Drinks and nibbles provided.
Places are limited so please RSVP as soon as possible to email@example.comRSVP now