FAQ Page

Find your answers here

The answers to your questions

Before getting in touch, please read this Frequently-Asked Questions section as you may find your answers here. 

Something we've missed?

If there’s a question we need to add to this section, please let us know by contacting us

Are you a registered charity?

The Himalayan Trust is a registered charity with the New Zealand Charities Commission (registration CC39393).

Can I claim a tax rebate/credit on my donations?

Yes, the Himalayan Trust has international donee status in New Zealand. We send you a receipt for all your donation, to enable you to claim your tax rebate

I have a project I need funded in Nepal — will the Himalayan Trust consider it?

The Himalayan Trust currently only works in the Solukhumbu region. We are proud to work alongside Nepalis on development projects. If your proposal is situated there, in the first instance please contact our Nepali partner Himalayan Trust Nepal admin@himalayantrust.org.np

I want to volunteer. How can I help?

Please see our volunteer page on the site for more information. However, while we are grateful for your interest in volunteering, we do not run a volunteer program as part of the Trust.

I’d like to donate via cheque. Where do I send it?

Please send cheques to Himalayan Trust, PO Box 43, Auckland, 1140.

Do you offer internships for high school or university students?

We do not currently run an internship programme. Larger international charities often do and it is worth getting in touch with them.

Making a complaint

The Himalayan Trust has a complaints policy to ensure we are fully accountable and to help us improve the quality of our work. Our complaints policy ensures that any complaints we receive are dealt with promptly and fairly.

The Himalayan Trust takes very seriously any expressions of dissatisfaction made by any supporter, partner organisation, community or individual with whom we work or any member of the public whether an individual, company or other entity in New Zealand or anywhere else in the world.

Find out more about our complaints policy and how you can make a complaint