We’re looking for a Public Engagement Manager to join our small and ambitious team on a 20-month contract.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Public Engagement Manager will play a vital role in maximising fundraising income and growing donations through community events, peer to peer fundraising, engaging the Himalayan Trust Members in our work, and developing and nurturing relationships with key individual and institutional supporters.
A key feature in this role is raising the profile of the Himalayan Trust and educating the New Zealand public about about Sir Ed’s legacy and how that continues to make such a difference to the people of Nepal.
We are a small team, and the ability to develop collaborative relationships and work closely with our tight-knit team is essential.
We are looking for someone who has the following attributes and experience:
- Experience in fundraising strategies and/or account management
- Experience in public engagement, preferable within a charity
- Highly effective relationship management skills
- Excellent people skills, with a warm and confident manner, the ability to create engagement and commitment from supporters, and build and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to work with a wide range of key stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage multiple relationships and a pipeline of prospects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An active understanding of international development issues
- Ability to deliver work autonomously, meet deadlines and deliver to a high standard
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to take on a wide range of tasks
- Commitment to Himalayan Trust’s mission and values
- To apply for this position you MUST be eligible to work in New Zealand.
We offer the flexibility of working 20 hours per week, home based, over a 4-5 day period.
If you are interested in this role, please by emailing your full CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 27 March 2019.
The Himalayan Trust is an equal opportunities employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.